Looks like my blog is the best way to communicate just now.
Yesterday the rain days began, but hey! This is Oregon, press on. We opted out of the horse trail ride and dinner and opted in for the dollar movie of "UP." I love that movie. Still no 3-D, but that’s OK. All the family liked it. Part of the fun is hearing the laughter of children in the theater. That is a good contribution to life.
Brad and the boys bought buckets of balls at the driving range and after eating wild blackberries I bought a bucket also. For $3.50 a bucket this may be another great option to pursue. I always liked golf but couldn’t afford to play the links except for a few times. Driving range was fun. Heather and Lily hit a few also.
We’ve had fun playing rounds of UNO and reminiscing about that multiple-deck game amongst the children at our HVC reunion.
I don’t believe I’ve noted that Oakridge has a great new dirt bike track. It was interesting to talk to the guy who has been part of the development. Interested citizens presented their idea to the city commission made up mostly of mothers with children with bikes. They were awarded a matching grant from a national bike association who sent an advisor for two weeks to get the project started on land the city designated (with its own generous patch of wild blackberries). The track is super—amazing how many routes can be fit into a relatively small space. Its free and its open. I’ll post some pictures when I get home. Heather and Lily gave it a try with the boys. I had the good sense not to try it out. When we came home an interesting thing happened—Gus gave Lily one of his old bikes, then Lily gave Zella her old bike and Zella has been riding almost non-stop. Everyone has a better bike fit now.
Off to Cannon Beach Tuesday to meet Jan Donnelly, my college roommate then back to Oakridge for Wednesday night and then on to Ruth's in Reno.
Kid Updates
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment