Last Saturday was quite the day. By the end I was not much good for conversation or anything else. I even decided I was probably a good candidate for the elderly menu of bread and milk before bed.
We had our annual sisters reunion in West Bountiful. It turned out great. We had about 20 attending to hear Gary and Rose Neeleman share their continued relationship with Brazil. Gary returned to Brazil with his wife and young son 16 months after his mission as a UPI correspondent. They lived in Brazil for the next seven years and three more children. You can see our new blog at brazilianmissionaria.blogspot.com
Nan and I enjoyed "What's So Funny?" at UVU. Fun seeing Rick and Mavis and their children with spouses and children, Miel, Aerie, Jill and Reed.
Uncle updates:
Blaine is recovering slowly from open heart surgery on September 1st.
Richard is doing well. Marilyn is recovering from pneumonia. We don't agree on politics!
Jim is adjusting to life without Polly. Cathy plans to move into his Orem home and he plans to move to Oahu and get away from the snow for the last years of his life.
Our community garden Pumpkin Fest was a great success today. Polly, Griffin and I stopped by to buy our pumpkins. Wish I had had my camera. It was a great neighborhood event. Missed the Michigan City String Band for the General Relief Society Meeting at my stake center. Nice to go with Myra. We love our new stake RS presidency and all they are doing.
After my flu shot today I went up to a little boy in the waiting room that had been screaming and hollering before I went in and said to him, "Hey, you really scared me with all your crying, you big tease! I hardly felt a thing." He thought he was pretty clever to pull that trick and grinned. When I got to the car I called Clay, Dave and Danny, to line up in front of the phone. I wanted to find out what all the fuss was about last week when they got theirs--I didn't feel a thing. I had to ask the nurse if she really gave it to me.
Ruth and I are making plans to attend our BYU 50th Reunion in October. She's going to fly in for four days from Reno. Too bad no football tickets available except for big bucks at the Marketplace. I don't believe the team won a game while we were students. Basketball was another thing. We will have fun.
Its beautiful warm autumn weather these days. I dug up everything on the east side of my home, thinned out the day lilies and planted 90 bulbs. I can't believe there are 90 bulbs in that little space. Time to check out the Alpine Loop and Nebo Loop fall color.
Kid Updates
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment