Sunday, August 21, 2011

A little something worth reading.

Just finished a motivating conversation with my friend Myra.  From every conversation I have with her I come away enriched with interesting things to read and/or contemplate.  Myra shared a web site she thought interesting for my new mission which she anticipates doing when she retires this spring.
Mormon Scholars Testify:  Messages of faith from scholars who belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.   http://mormonscholarstestify.org/category/index 

As we were talking I browsed the alphabetical listing and happened to notice Dula Parkinson.  There is also an index by specialty. 

You might remember him as Dil and Laura Beth's oldest son.  He and his wife have two children.  He is a scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.  If you are interested in reading his remarks -- http://mormonscholarstestify.org/1779/dula-parkinson  

The kernel I would keep -- “In our hands,” or "In my hands,."  I admire this way to share an opinion, a belief.  For me this is a phrase that is worth keeping and using to facilitate discussion of opinions in a respectful manner.

On another note --
My friend, LaVelle Moss, was my guest at our mission social last night.  On very short notice she was able to attend and was as interested as I was upon hearing of the purposes.  She has always had an interest in LDS church history and is considering taking on monitoring and editing LDS references on Wikipedia.  She just returned from teaching aesthetics at BYU-Hawaii for the past two years as well as volunteering at the Polynesian Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment