Sunday, July 11, 2010

Etta Hunter's Story

Maybe you remember the odyssey Polly and I had in migrating family audio files to CDs.  The unfortunate part was that midway in our Midwest road trip we slipped in a CD in her car CD player and . . .   disk after disk that we had brought played for a total of about 10 seconds--total!  Big disappointment.

Later I gave Charli Fraughton a copy of the disks and now she has improved the format and given me a copy of Grandma and Grandpa Watson telling their life stories.  Polly tried it in her car and no problem.  I tried it on my stereo and no problem.  Previously we could only play the CDs on a computer.

When I posted a picture of Grandma Watson's Paisley home, Arkleston Cottage on fb Hunter Family there were a string of comments from various cousins wanting to hear the stories.  Many of the comments mistakenly thought it was Granny Hunter's voice.  That will be a bit of disappointment but, I hope hearing the stories of the family will make up for it.

To hear Etta tell her story go to: http://www.archive.org/details/EttaHuntersStory


                         Charlie, Ettie, Malcolm, Jenny, Willie
           Mary (Granny), May, Tom, John (Grandfather) and Josie.




Other family members Etta speaks of:


Aunt Joan (pronounced JoAnn).

Aunt Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment