Awakening this morning I wondered if the storm had materialized in my neighborhood. I had turned back to my dry neighborhood, e-mailed Marian that I wouldn't be coming to art. Opening my windows I felt vindicated in my choice to come home. I really didn't want to drive in that stuff late last night. Wet, wet snow clinging to my fence tops and stuck to the driveways.
Now this wonderful view in my e-mail box:
I bet I know where it is. On my walk at Red Butte last week I had been watching carefully to see how far along the daffs were. Perusing the blog I was surprised at all I had missed in bloom. I only noticed the snowdrops and the budding of pussy willows. Pussy willow always reminds me of the Adcocks. For years after Dad's death Sister Adcock brought me stems of pussy willows to honor Dad when they first opened in her yard.
What joy spring bulbs bring!
I wonder if Lily has spotted any wildflowers yet. I wonder if the MN cousins have been to the arboretum to spot emerging flowers or are they still under inches of snow. The Mapleton cousins have a hardy row of crocus blossoms along the edge of their driveway. I was jealous and now a few days later, I have a purple crocus peeping through the mulch on the east wall of my corner cottage. Anything flowering in KY?
What hints of spring do you see? What a glorious, hopeful time of year!

No comments:
Post a Comment